Job role: White goods engineer
Location: Plymouth/ Torquay
Basic salary: £27,000 - £30,000
We are currently recruiting for White Goods / Domestic Appliance Engineers within the Plymouth and Torquay surrounding area for a well-established multi brand company within the industry.
The role: You will be responsible for attending calls in customers’ homes, diagnosing faults and carrying out repairs on manufacturer appliances, aiming for a high first-time fix rate.
• 1 in 4 Saturdays (paid at x 1.3 accrues to £1700 across the course of the year.)
• Full manufacturer training
• Bonus based on accessory sales
• Overtime paid at x 1.3 (Saturday) and x 1.5 (Sundays and bank holidays)
• Monday - Friday
• Private use of the van
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
This organisation will require previous or existing experience within the Domestic Appliance industry.
- Service and repair of domestic appliance equipment e.g. washers, dryers, cookers, fridge freezers, would be essential
- Manufacturer training and/or experience on the likes of Beko, Electrolux, Bosch, Whirlpool, LG, Miele, Hoover Candy, Glen Dimplex, Hotpoint or Indesit are of interest
- Refrigeration knowledge, whether it be 1st or 2nd line refrigeration / gas skills including FGAS or City and Guilds Refrigeration are desired but not essential
- Valid domestic gas qualifications, i.e. CKR1 / CKN1 / CCN1 / experience would act as a strong advantage to your job application
- Full UK driving license
Woodrow Mercer Engineering are specialist within the industry, if you're interested in developing a career with a fast growth organisation within the kitchen appliance industry, then apply now for immediate consideration, alternatively call Chantal Shorter for a confidential chat 07508114594