This business is a global consturction company that have been established for 25 years. The company have offices across the UK and globally, and have their main UK Office and finance function based in Normanton.
The UK business has a small finance team who work in a fast paced, busy and ever changing working environment. They are now looking to hire a UK Finance Accountant, to work directly alongside the Finance Manger, and report into the UK Finance Director.
Te role will provide financial accounting support to the UK business and support day to day management of the AR and AP functions. Protect revenue for the UK business and ensure management accounts and statutory accounts accurately reflect the performance and position of the UK business.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Manage accounting for the UK and Ireland business. This includes calculating and reconciling balances
- Managing sales invoice processes, ensuring they are sent out in a timely manner and they comply with current tax rules.
- Reviewing debtors, ensuring debtor days are minimised.
- Produce KPI data and analysis for the Supply Management business unit.
- Validating and monitoring overheads to ensure purchase invoices, expenses and salaries are accurately recorded.
- Supervise payroll and timecard processing.
- Conducting daily bank reconciliations resolving any discrepancies and managing weekly/ad-hoc payment runs
- Provide daily cashflow analysis and forecasting
- Production of VAT and CIS returns
- Liaising with external and internal auditors, ensuring selection requests are provided in a timely manner.
- Support the Financial Controller in reviewing financial controls and processes, ensuring they comply with financial standards and best practices.
- Support the Financial Controller during the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Undertake any project work and financial analysis as directed.
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or finalist - Essential
- Have preivous financial accounting experience - Essential
- Have previous knowledge of CIS - Desirable
- Have excellent communication skills and the desire to progress and develop in finance - Essential