My client a leading successful business based in Leeds is looking to appoint a Transactional Finance Manager on a permanent basis. You will oversee a team of four staff and take full ownership of the AR, PL and Payroll.
- Responsible for the transactional finance team, comprising payroll, sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash and stock control
- Manage the team to ensure all transactional recording is processed, including but not limited to daily cash postings and reconciliation of the bank accounts, recording of stock purchases, calculation of duty and freight costs, recording and reconciliation of receipts, sales invoicing, purchase ledger and supplier payment management
- Manage the company payroll, ensuring colleagues are paid accurately and on time, processing monthly payroll journals, producing internal reporting and ensuring all external reporting and payment requirements are met
- Monthly reconciliation of all payroll control accounts
- Work closely with the HR team to collate and transact payroll information
- Liaise with external agencies, e.g. HMRC, to plan new initiatives, verify information held by the organisation in respect of employment, tax, national insurance and pension schemes and to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage the purchase ledger and ensure supplier invoices are recorded, authorised, paid and the accounts reconciled each month, including overseas suppliers.
- Manage the recording of sales ledger transactions, ensuring sales invoices are raised on a timely basis and sales remittances are accurately recorded and allocated.
- Manage the recording of cash transactions into the cashbook and nominal ledger, preparation of bank reconciliations, the monitoring and recording of petty cash and control of colleague expenses
- Provide an essential finance support service across the organisation, supporting the business with relevant projects and reporting as required
- An AAT qualification, or studying towards a recognised professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Experience of working on payroll software, and understanding of payroll principles and processing
- The ability to provide accurate and timely information to a high standard and quality, and commitment to meeting tight deadlines
- Experience of communicating/disseminating information to a broad range of stakeholders at all levels
- Able to support and guide colleagues on complex financial matters
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, especially the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst under pressure
- Ability to apply discretion in sensitive issues, and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to motivate a team and delegate effectively
- Salary £35,000-£45,000
- Auto enrolment
- 40 hour week