An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Accounts Assistant based on the outskirts of central Leeds. You will work on the Purchase ledger of the accounts department and also assist on the general ledger. To assist with the timely and accurate production of the monthly accounts and company information.
- Process purchase invoices/credit notes on a daily basis so information is accurate, complete and up to date. Deal with suppliers re queries (email and phone) on purchase invoices politely and promptly
- Prepare monthly payment runs (home and foreign suppliers) process cash payments onto supplier accounts so that supplier accounts are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are stamped paid, are filed in the correct order and on a timely basis to ensure retrieval is easy. Ensure all GRN's are filed on a timely basis
- Update various spreadsheets to help in the payment runs/ cashflow forecast/accruals
- Attend the stocktake count to ensure stock is recorded correctly on the stock sheets. Assist with the timely and accurate completion of the stocktake sheets so that the stock comparison can be performed
- Conduct varied Year end work, to assist with the timely and accurate completion of the year end audit.
- Cover for the Accounts Department during absence, so that work load is continued, managed, queries answered and to take on extra tasks as required
- Experience of Microsoft Office at an Intermediate level to enable the creation of documents and spreadsheets including formulas
- Previous experience of accounts department work
- Previous experience of a customer facing role where professional communication skills are required
- Salary £20,000 - £23,000
- Full study support will be provided towards the AAT
- 37.5 hours
- Free on-site car parking