Are you an experienced Purchase Ledger Assistant? Do you have experience with Sage 200?
If you're immediately available then this could be the role for you!
My client based in Leeds City Centre are now looking for a Temporary Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their finance team for 6 months, with the likeliness of an extension.
Here's what a typical day will look like:
- Maintain the purchase ledger accounts within Sage 200
- Ensure that all purchase ledger balances are accurately recorded
- Ensure that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner
- Be able to reconcile high volume accounts payable balances to supplier statements and rectify differences
- Able to solve queries relating to invoices, credit notes and payments
- Processing Purchase Orders
- Process payments via different bank accounts, monitoring account balances and transferring funds accordingly
- Prepare any necessary payments outside the standard supplier payment runs
- Maintain DD mandates
- Update the exchange rates on Sage 200
- Prepare weekly cash reports
- Post to Sage all non-customer receipts - customer cash receipts will be posted and allocated in Sage by the credit control team
- Completely monthly bank reconciliations and foreign currency revaluation
- To provide cover for the duties performed by other members of the accounts department as may be required
- Be proactive in suggesting and implementing improvements to the accounts department procedures
- Experience of working with Sage 200 would be an advantage
- £22,000 - 24,000 (dependent on experience)
- 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
- 20 days increasing with service (one day a year up to max 25 days) plus bank holidays
- Pension: Up to 5% Employers contribution (matched)
- Employer Funded Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance 1x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual season ticket loan
Please contact me on or give me a call on 0113 457 9994 if you're interested in hearing more.