Woodrow Mercer are pleased to be working with a well established financial services organisation based in Warwickshire. We have been assigned the task of finding the next Tax Accountant for their ever growing and expanding team. This is a phenominal opportunity for a driven individual who wants to work in an organisation that fosters a culture of personal development and the opportunity to grow through internal promotion.
To manage and control the production of reliable tax reporting (including computations, regulatory returns and disclosures in statutory accounts. To manage tax risks within the business and provide tax risk management reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise and influence on financial controls, process improvements and good practice, to maintain the integrity of the tax reporting cycle and improve the quality, value and efficiency of output in keeping with Finance's strong Risk and Control framework.
- Anticipate, plan and prepare for regulatory and business developments to ensure controls remain effective and the relevance of procedures and the continuity of the tax reporting cycle is maintained.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with regulatory bodies, auditors and all levels of internal business stakeholders, to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
The ideal candidate will
- Possess strong supervisor skills to ensure that the team members are motivated and inspired.
- Have good analytical skills to ensure the accuracy of monthly and quarterly reports being provided to the business.
- Experience of managing own workload and prioritising accordingly as well managing the distribution of work to those that are being supervised.
- The ability to identify and solve problems, through a detailed and focused review process using an analytical skill set.
- The ability to work with people at all levels within and outside of Finance.
- Track record in the completion of tax reporting. (essential)
If this sounds like you, please apply today. All applications will be reviewed on 18/01/2019 with interviews likely to take place w/c 21/01.2019.