I am urgently recruiting for a talented systems administrator on a contract basis for my awesome client based in prime location Birmingham.
As my clients Systems Administrator you will work within the Information Systems Team and be responsible for running a number of transition projects migrating from on premise into Microsoft Azure.
The successful candidate will find issues and challenge back and be able to work independently and of own initiative. You will also have strong IT skills in Infrastructure and exposure to Virtualized Cloud computing with Azure as well as being proficient in SQL as outlined below.
- Strong SQL skills, from an infrastructure point
- DBA level
- Query optimisation & analysis
- Down to a disk configuration and latency layout
- Configure High availability & availability clustering
- Commercial Azure experience
- Looking for someone that has worked with some of cloud migrations from physical to cloud
- Good network topology understanding, understanding network latency issues
- Understand fail over, traffic managers, load balancers always on infrastructure with automatic responses
- Build and maintain web, virtual, and client server environments for the enterprise
- Maintain the operations of all virtual, web, and client systems to ensure availability
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to operating systems and server
- Assist the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues
- Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure
- Train the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems
- Build and implement software standards for servers, operating systems, and end-user workstations
- Leverage optimization techniques to maximize the efficiency of all computer systems
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills
My client is looking to move quickly on this role so please apply ASAP should you be interested!