Technical Architect / Solution Architect
A global company is growing again and seeking the best out there in Architects
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Accountable architect of product and platform technical solutions that enable business objectives – from selection, evaluation, implementation, operational status to end of life.
- Partner with stakeholders in the business, technology leaders, design teams to align application development with the architecture strategy, including implementation best practices, technology selection, datacentre, cloud and infrastructure strategy and partnerships with 3rd parties.
- Initiates and participates in key activities that cross organizational and business boundaries to deliver business value
- A key contributor to the Enterprise Architecture strategy, contributes to Architecture Communities of Practice and Architecture Councils, leads the development of architectural standards by leading and influencing architecture teams
- Reviews and recognizes problems or improvements in existing designs and recommends remedies / solutions
Crucial Skills/Experience Required:
- A breadth of experience of Technical Architecture with a background as a technologist
- Experience in key technologies including:
- Cloud (e.g.: Amazon Web Services AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure Cloud), machine learning, big data, secure systems, text extraction, parsing, multiple language solutions, streaming data, Low latency & real time data
- Extensive experience designing and implementing solutions for large systems that are scalable, extensible, highly secure and highly available.
- Experience leading multiple sophisticated projects and working with business stakeholders.
- Experienced at analyzing existing systems to settle how change will impact surrounding environments.
- Experienced in communicating with senior leadership and proven communication skills to work across technical and business teams.
- Experienced in working with vendors
- Experience leading a small architecture team with a global responsibility.
- Experience operating in a quickly changing environment and driving change and technological innovation to meet business objectives.
- A high-level understanding of GDPR compliance and relevant security toolsets.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Understanding of the business domain, including: risk management; customer and third-party risk; the regulatory marketplace.
- Understanding of the financial markets and banking