Software Engineer - Leicester
What's in it for you?
- 30-50k salary (depending on experience)
- Flexible working hours
- Work on the latest software
- Private health care
- Plus, much more
Are you ready for the next step in your career in a well-funded new SaaS business, born out of an international multi-award-winning software consultancy? My client is looking for a .NET Developer to join their Engineering Team.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a creative and ambitious individual who has exceptional experience of developing software products, ideally with strong UI and UX capability, to join their Development Team.
What you'll do?
- Work with the wider development team in an agile development environment to ensure that our product is developed to our agreed development standards
- Write code within established standards, guidelines, and best practices to efficiently enhance existing functionality and build out new systems features to high-quality standards
- Liaise with customer success, product, and internal stakeholders to gather and address technical & design requirements in order to provide solutions for the new features being developed by the company
- Support other developers through code reviews, pair programming or other methods as deemed necessary in a collaborative environment
What skills will be required?
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant .NET experience, ideally with .NET Core.
- Experience of Enterprise Grade Applications or Highly Scalable Distributed Architectures.
- Full Stack Experience developing in both Front End and Back End.
- A deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design and related concepts, software design patterns and the SOLID principles.
- Excellent knowledge of how the web works conceptually, including but not limited to technologies and concepts such as HTTP, REST, SOAP/RESTful web services, JSON, asynchronous processing, responsive design
- Experience using any version control system (TFS, GIT or SVN)
- Experience of Unit Testing, Mocking using tools such as NUnit, xUnit, Moq or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Inversion Control and Dependency injection.
- Used to working in an Agile Software Development Environment, familiar with the concepts and able to use initiative and think like a customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English is a must.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- The desire to learn, improve and work together.
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation.
- Coachability, openness to feedback and dedication to consistent self-improvement.
If you are interested and would like to find out more then please get in touch with me on either 0121 265 4445 or