To play a key market facing role in the development and growth of the Restructuring practice and to contribute in enhancing the wider East Midlands offering.
Bringing existing and building on the Restructuring East Midlands contact base and the surrounding area, utilising existing and developing work generating relationships with introducers across the local professional market place.
To be able to perform a lead role in restructuring assignments. As well as requiring an individual with very good quality technical, analytical, communication and strong interpersonal skills, the candidate must have an existing track record of assisting in work winning and be involved in networking to professional contacts in the East Midlands.
- Skewed towards external business development activity to a candidates existing Midlands contacts. Additionally, the candidate will work with the existing Nottingham and Leicester RA teams to enhance the RA offering in the Midlands and assist in developing new target referrers for RA and the wider office.
- To plan assignments (both insolvency and advisory) in accordance with the Firm's standard procedures and relevant statutory and extra statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client, company, or appointer, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To brief staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work and to undertake 'on the job' training and appraisals where appropriate.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client or appointer immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns, or significant changes in likely outcome.
- To liaise with the creditors, directors and other interested parties throughout the appointment/assignment and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm's senior staff review procedures, ensuring that all points raised are adequately and promptly actioned.
- To monitor assignments to establish and achieve the earliest and most efficient completion of the appointment.
- To closely monitor the profitability and recoverability of work in progress and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and to fulfil the Institute's CPE requirements.
- To assist in recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- ACCA / ACA / JIEB qualified
- Proven experience of people and case management skills
- Experience of performing and leading assignments
- Proven experience in winning work, client handling and contact development
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual willing to assist and widen theirs the firm's RA established network and referrer base of contacts in the East Midlands
- Previous experience operating at an Associate Director / Senior Manager / Manager level in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A strong commercial outlook.