I am currently working with a client in York to recruit a Senior Java Developer.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for developing future-proof scalable web-based software solutions for a growing business using micro-SOA - creating a seamlessly integrated multi-purpose platform providing an omni-channel user experience.
This team follows a fast sprint cycle and has a focus on quality and speed. They are driven by lean principles and agile practices.
With a user base including internal and external users using bespoke integrated business solutions your working life will be versatile and challenging but never boring. This is a great opportunity to join a team who are doing interesting things with the latest technologies.
- Play a senior role in small lean software development team(s)
- Develop corporate applications and services using Java and related technologies to a high standard
- Analysis of business requirements and design of appropriate solutions
- (Assist in) Providing technical leadership to the team
- Attend meetings and liaise with other members of staff as required
- At least 5 years commercial experience developing Java (web) applications and services
- Champion excellence in the field of Java and web-based software development
- Manage and produce source code which conforms to accepted industrial procedures and standards
- Deliver solutions according to specification and within expected timescales
- Ability to independently report on progress and flag impediments immediately
- Contribute to continuously improve velocity of delivery and quality of delivered solutions
- Support other colleagues in acquiring necessary skills in technologies and development methods used with the team/department
- Good understanding of security, performance, scalability and resilience in (cloud-based) web applications
- Good understanding of software design and its importance for maintainability, scalability, continuous delivery as well as testability
- Keen interest in Java and related technologies and a passion for Java and web-based software development
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and development methods
- At least 3 years commercial experience using test automation frameworks for unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Understanding of agile/lean software development
- Good communication, team working and social skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database systems as well as proven commercial experience using SQL:2011 and/or a NoSQL database
- Experience of working closely with business users