My client, a Top 30 Accountancy Practice with offices across the UK, is looking to hire an Accounts Semi Senior/Senior into their Birmingham office on a permanent basis.
Their team of professionals rapidly become trusted advisers for anything to do with the business, providing stability and growth.
The main elements of this role will include:
- Completing draft financial statements for a mixture of basic / large / complex sole traders, partnerships and companies ready for review by an Accounting Supervisor / Manager.
- Adjusting the draft financial statements and business tax computations after the client meeting in accordance with the meeting notes.
- Ensuring personal tax returns are updated by our tax team after the client meeting.
- Preparing VAT returns, book keeping, and management accounts for clients (including limited companies, sole traders and partnerships).
- Managing your own workload and communicating with Accounting Supervisor / Manager to ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
- Liaising with clients using a variety of methods to facilitate the production of financial statements, business tax computations and obtaining personal tax information.
- Assisting the Accounting Service-line with business development activities as and when required and ensuring our high expectation of customer service is met.
In order to fulfil the role, they expect a candidate to have:
- Successfully completed the AAT qualification (or be near to finalising the qualification).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Worked within an Accountancy practice previously and have sufficient and relevant experience in preparing accounts for clients.
- Some knowledge of Xero (although not essential as full training will be provided).
- Experience in prioritising your workload and be able to complete work within the budgeted time and to the required deadlines.
If you believe you have the relevant experience for this role, or experience working within an accounting firm please do not hesitate to apply below.