Do you see yourself being an FD in the near future?
Are you fed up of being micro-managed?
We are looking for a Qualified Finance Manager with manufacturing experience to join this successful business in Sheffield.
What a typical day will look like:
- Supervise the timely preparation of a robust, fully reconciled trial balance for each financial month, period and year end
- Ensure the completion of timely bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure that up-to-date sales and ledger are maintain, managing customers' and suppliers' along with management colleagues
- Actively manage, mentor and motivate the Finance Team providing clear paths of personal development for each team member
- Oversee direct, indirect, employment tax and VAT compliance
- Supporting the Finance Director with Company Secretarial, Legal, GDPR, Insurance, HR/Employment and other regulatory compliance
- Supervise and operate robust payroll systems for all colleagues
- The timely preparation and development of financial and management information according to business need
- Provide financial, cost, expense, project and budget analysis as required
- Investigate margins, costings and systems to support business performance measurement and understanding
- Maintain and develop the Company's Fixed Assets Register and supporting information
- Support good corporate governance throughout the business by participating in and developing robust cost control, decision making and authorisation procedures
- Support the annual audit process, liaising with the engaged advisors' team
- Support the preparation and filing of the year end statutory accounts
- Support the budget and financial forecasting processes and their implementation and subsequent performance measurement
- Support the Finance Director in financial strategy and business development
- Support colleagues in managing supply chains and the procurement of business systems and services
- Support the implementation of business systems and other projects, acting as a finance function consultant to project teams
- Ensure that robust financial controls and processes are in place
- Support and contribute towards the development of a positive culture of health, safety, wellbeing and continuous improvement throughout the Company