Woodrow Mercer are currently working with a growing material handling equipment provider in South Leicestershire to recruit a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
We are looking for someone with experience within a similar Purchasing Manager role, and have ideally operated in a fast-paced, material-handling, engineering or manufacturing environment. You will have a proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend and experience of managing an international supply base, alongside management and coordination of purchasing activities in relation to cost, delivery and quality performance. This is a full time, permanent role.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Managing and controlling the company's external suppliers, with regard to the purchase of materials and bought in parts.
- Ensure that all materials, parts and other consumables are bought at the most competitive fully landed cost and delivered on time for production, including regular price, quality and service reviews with existing suppliers.
- Monitoring stock transactions and availability for accuracy and make arrangements as required for consignment stock.
- Preparing costings and analysis of data.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g. Sales, Account Management, Finance and Warehouse staff.
- Supplier visits both in the UK and abroad as required. Such visits may be at short notice.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Experienced within a similar Purchasing Manager role
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend
- You will have a "hands on" approach to all tasks and be versatile, tenacious and people orientated.
- You will have strong leadership skills and employ a positive and engaging approach to management of both internal and external stakeholders.
The business can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Other excellent benefits
If you're interested, or know someone who would be, please apply or email me with a copy of your most up to date CV, your current availability and salary expectations.