Are you a talented, self-motivated individual with the drive to succeed?
Are you seeking a challenging and fulfilling role in a friendly, supportive company where you are empowered and your talents are nurtured?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you to come and join a like-minded team.
Working as the Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be based in Wakefield. Salary offering £20,000 - £23,000.
Here's what a typical day will look like:
- Process invoices via purchase order module for all Group entities
- Check invoices for quantity, price and coding discrepancies
- Ensure invoices are coded to the correct nominal / project code
- Drive improvements in reporting and underlying accounting processes to increase quality of information and timeliness.
- Liaising with suppliers to maintain relationships, reconcile accounts whilst managing credit facilities.
- Generate suggested payment runs and prioritise pro forma payments.
- Ensuring the purchase ledger is maintained and up to date
- Ensure the information for VAT returns is accurate and the impact of different VAT codes is understood
- Build relationships with operations to ensure a) all inputs are received in a timely manner, and 2) information is produced to meet their needs and help build the profile of Finance within the business.
Is this you?
- 3+ years' experience in purchase ledger
- Manufacturing background desirable but not essential
- Able to take initiative to go to shop floor to chase down information or actions
- Knowledge of Sage 200 desirable but not essential
Please contact me on or give me a call on 0113 457 9994 if you're interested in hearing more.