Are you fed up with hierarchy in a large business and want a role that offers more autonomy?
Imagine yourself working for a professional services SME which prioritises itself in focusing on the wellbeing and recognition of its employees. This company also adopts a flexible approach to working and a non-corporate atmosphere.
Based in South Leeds and reporting into the Financial Controller, your role will be pivotal in ensuring effective processes for a number of stand-alone payrolls.
Here's what a typical day will look like:
- Ensure payrolls are processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Manage, investigate and resolve issues relating to the payrolls
- Make payments to staff including those working overseas
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Maintain records that provide a full audit trail of all payroll amendments
- Prepare relevant monthly and annual year end reports
- Support all internal and external audits relating to payroll
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll and pensions
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects relating to payroll
- Prepare, reconcile and submit annual P11D & PSA submissions
- Review and improve payroll processes
- Make Pension deductions and payments in line with statutory requirements & Company policy
Is this you?
- Experienced in managing pensions schemes with a good working knowledge of pension legislation & reporting
- Able to undertake manual payroll calculations including payments due and statutory deductions
- Knowledgeable of the legislation & operation of HMRC requirements & PAYE regulations
- Effective when dealing with people at all levels in both written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritise the work of self and others with the ability to work to critical timescales
- CIPP or Qualified by experience
- £30,000 - £35,000
- Exciting career development in a fast-growing company
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
So, if you think you're up for the challenge, this could be the career-making opportunity you've been keeping an eye open for.
Please contact me on or give me a call on 07990 150344 if you're interested in hearing more.