Stuck in a dead end job and worried about your career?
Whether you're just starting out in finance or an experienced Payroll Assistant, this could be the perfect next job for you!
My client based in Malton are now looking for the next person to join their finance team.
Here's what a typical day will look like:
- Process payroll as per company requirements
- Monthly distribution of staff wages via BACS
- Maintain payroll records
- Ensure processes and procedures follow current regulations
- Respond and resolve queries from employees and management relating to payroll
- Calculate wages and deductions
- Regular usage of payroll systems, including data compilation and input
- Liaison with HMRC
- Develop the payroll function to ensure it continues to meet business needs
- Calculate tax and NI commitments
- Set up and process new employees
- Issue tax forms to staff
- Check hours and calculate overtime and holiday pay
- Process relevant paperwork
- Involvement with special situations such as maternity pay
- Administer accurate records for new starters and leavers
Is this you:
- Superb IT skills, including proficiency in data entry, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of PAYE, SMP and NIC
- Focused and diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Ability to successfully communicate with people across the business
- Free parking
- 37.5 hours with 1 hour lunch
Please contact me on or give me a call on 0113 457 9994 if you're interested in hearing more.