Woodrow Mercer are exclusively working with an Accountancy Practice in Nottingham to recruit a Director/Partner Designate to join their senior management team, with equity options.
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with 5+ years' experience in audit and accountancy including the handling of a portfolio of clients in a professional firm. Whilst maintaining the business of loyal clients, the business is also experiencing significant growth, and this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Senior Accountant with strong stakeholder management and people management skills to further progress their career and drive the further commercial growth of the business.
This is a full time, permanent role, based in Nottingham.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Finalisation of accounts for clients.
- Managing a portfolio of clients being their first and main point of contact as well as attending client meetings.
- Practice monthly planning for the office.
- Assisting the other Partners with business planning.
- Reviewing other members of the teams work and advising accordingly.
- Attend relevant courses and networking events as required and ensure that staff are fully aware of changes in legislation and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified ACCA or ACA with a minimum of 5 years practice experience.
- Great interpersonal communications skills both written and oral.
- Be able to initiate and build upon solid client relationships.
- Continue the firms unwavering commitment to providing a personal service.
- Should possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act, and relevant taxation matters.
- Audit knowledge would be highly beneficial.
- Have good IT skills as well as being conversant with accounts systems such as SAGE and Xero.
The business can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Free Car Parking on site
If you're interested, or know someone who would be, please apply or email me with a copy of your most up to date CV, your current availability and salary expectations.
You may also be interested in this vacancy if you are looking at Senior Accountant or Director roles.