I am currently recruiting for a talented MYSQL DBA for my client base in the Milton Keynes. You will be someone who is passionate about improving the performance, security, stability and scalability of cloud infrastructure and enjoy working within a talented team to proactively solve problems. Candidates must have previous experience working within production, test and internal environments and collaborating with Software Engineering teams.
This is an exciting and diverse role that encompasses all elements of production hosting including database, reporting and security. You will work alongside the Engineering team throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure that the code they develop will be stable and "production ready" when it's deployed to the live environment. You will also work with IT Security team to ensure data security for all database environments. To be successful in this role you will have strong knowledge of Linux, MySQL and MSSQL along with a good understanding of cloud technologies.
- Commercial experience as a MySQL DBA
- Experienced in database server and SQL performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience with replication and high availability.
- Experiencing Managing Database systems on Linux and Windows
- Strong understanding of database architecture, data modelling, schema design and development.
- Resolve issues and perform maintenance as needed
- Demonstrate great analytic skill, able to independently troubleshoot application issues with vendors' technical support.
- Self-motivated to learn additional skillsets outside of DBA duties, supporting various applications as a team player.
This role is urgent so should you be interested please apply ASAP.