My client is a well known, large manufacturing business based in Huddersfield The company have over 200 staff across multiple sites in the UK, with fantastic head offices based in Huddersfield.
This business has experienced huge growth over the last 4 years, and as a consequence have acquired new divisions and sites, as well as doubling their headcount across all functions of the group.
Due to this growth, they are now recruiting for a brand new Management Accountant to join their finance team, and work in a small team reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will have a varied and wide ranging role, where they will be responsible for end to end management accounts preparation.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Carry out variance analysis and ensure business spend is kept in line with budget, reporting any anomalies to the Financial Controller
- Support non-financial manager through the interpreting and communicating of financial data to support them in their roles, putting finances and accounts in context as required
- Prepare year end accounts and all other documentation as required for audits, working with the existing management accountant
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to identify improvements in systems and controls within the business.
- Carry out analysis of business performance, advising on how to prevent problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value.
- Develop and improve month end reporting and analysis.
- Support the Finance Director and Financial Controller on any major projects
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed.
- Work closely with IT department to ensure accounts systems are being utilised as effectively as possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Be CIMA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience - Essential
- Have previous knowledge of Navision - Desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years management accounts experience - Essential
- Have excellent excel skills (pivot tables, lookups etc.) - Essential
The business can offer:
- On site parking
- Study support (if required)
- Excellent benefits package
- Newly created management accounts role