Lead Java developer
- Salary up to £80k depending on experience
- Develop and enhance new and existing algorithms for processing data
- Working only on the most up-to-date tech
- A fantastic learning environment with excellent personal and technical development opportunities
- Opportunity to work from home a few hours a week
Candidates with a keen interest in computing looking to learn and improve their knowledge and who are not afraid to try new things will be perfect for this role. A lot of what the client builds has never been done before, which is quite interesting! They work mainly with Java, Python and Scala but often end up using different languages dependent on the project.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Lead Java Developer
- Your responsibilities will be across the complete Software Development lifecycle in both short and long-term green field projects.
- Involved in management responsibilities, from recruitment to talent management, employee relations and project management.
Technical Skills required of the Lead Java Developer
- 5+ years Java development experience
- A scripting language, preferably Python
- Solid Software developer foundations
- Good understanding of algorithms
- Parallel & Distributed computing
- Proficiency in Linux
Nice to have
- Exposure to DevOps
- Front end development experience
- AWS Experience - Scala / R
- Big Data Technologies such as Akka, Elastic Search, Redis, Spark or Storm
Should you be interested in the opportunity please apply below or contact Matt Cardy on 0121 265 4445.