I am recruiting for an exciting opportunity for my client based in Nottingham for several Java Team Leads/Java Development Managers as part of continued growth to support their very successful business. |Successful applicants will get the opportunity to lead between 1 - 5 teams.
Core responsibilities and experience required for the role:
- Commercial experience of managing at least 1 team of developers
- Take ownership of development and represent the development team in the product management function
- Understand the criticality of service to the customer. Take proactive preventative steps and respond immediately and with urgency to service issues.
- Be creativity and strive for innovation
- Challenge your teams to achieve continuous improvement around process, methodology, quality and efficiency. Use appropriate metrics to support this.
- Promotion of customer awareness culture
- Have awareness and foresight to anticipate issues and foster a culture that plans for them before they happen.
- Be accountable. Able to make timely decisions and tough calls on enterprise issues.
- Able to deliver to demands in an agile way that meets customer demands.
- Able to ensure technology is aligned with existing and upcoming architectural strategy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: (market analysis, requirements definition, competitor analysis, etc.)
- Team player with strong experience of working with virtual teams both on and offshore
- Be a confident communicator, able to deal with people at all levels and areas within the organisation
- Able to identify and build talent. Able to push team members towards their goals and progress them to do bigger and better things, to the benefit of the whole company.
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc. Preferable experience in a strong SCRUM environment.
- Able to inspire their team
- Experience of cloud technologies, especially AWS, (preferred).
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate individual that’s wants to progress their career whilst working with a first-class team for one of Nottingham’s finest technology companies. Apply ASAP should you be interested.