Interim Management Accountant
£150 - 200 per day
My client is a thriving business within the retail and manufacturing sector. Having achieved a turnover of £1 million in their first year of trading, 7 years on they are forecasting turnover of £10 million (within the next two years). We are looking for an ambitious interim management accountant to join the business to help through this growth period.
This is a superb opportunity to join a business growing 25% year on year. You will be reporting into the Chief Financial Officer and will be required to;
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Work on P&L and balance sheet reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting reporting into the CFO with commentary and recommendations
- Monitor daily cashflow and bank reconciliations
- Identify cost reductions, ensuring new processes are implemented and followed up by staff
- Populate weekly BAC's payments to suppliers in line with individual supplier credit terms
- Maintain fixed asset register including monthly depreciations
- Do monthly VAT & PAYE returns and quarterly EU VAT returns to HMRC
- Issue purchase orders
The successful candidate will ideally be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, but this is not essential.
You will be a passionate and driven individual. Technically able but also commercially and business focused.
This is not a typical "number crunching" role and offers the opportunity to business partner with non-finance stake holders and influence key business decisions to assist in growth plans.
The ideal candidate will have a background in SME management accounting and at least 5 years' experience within retail or manufacturing.
If this sounds like you it's not an opportunity not to be missed.