Woodrow Mercer Finance are recruiting for an experienced Head of Finance to join a Birmingham based Public Sector organisation. This role will be to start as soon as possible and will be starting on an initial 6-month contract but will likely extend beyond this.
- To deliver medium and long-term financial strategies in line with Council plans
- Plan, develop and introduce strategy to deliver against budget.
- Support and assist with the closure of year end accounts
- Lead on the production of the statement of accounts for financial year end
- Act as liaison and main point of contact for key non-financial stakeholders and Auditors.
- Support and manage a team on all of the above
- To be a fully qualified CIPFA or equivalent
- Possess previous local Government experience would be beneficial
- Have worked at a strategic level in a senior position would be beneficial
- Have a proven experience of handling budgets, planning and strategy