Woodrow Mercer Finance is currently looking for a Head of Financial Accounting for a PLC in Leicestershire. This role will see someone take control of the Financial Accounting team of a well-recognised brand and give the successful candidate a platform to launch a long term career within the business.
As the Head of Financial Accounting, the successful candidate will take control of a team of Part-Qualified and Qualified Accountants and be responsible for all external financial reporting of the business.
- Lead the year-end process in compliance with statutory regulations
- Build a strong relationship with external accountancy/audit firms
- Provide monthly/quarterly and annual financial reports
- Report into the Financial Controller
- Work closely with the wider finance team acting as an expert providing advice where needed.
- Management of a team of 8 accountants
The ideal candidate for the role will be an ACA Qualified Accountant with experience in a Top 10 Accountancy Practice. It is essential you have held a technical finance role in industry as well as having had experience of managing a team. The business is prepared to offer a competitive salary and bonus package and is looking for someone who is seeking a long-term career move.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.