Woodrow Mercer Finance has been engaged by a Private Equity backed technology business to recruit a Group Financial Controller. Reporting into the CFO this is a key role for the organisation and will see you gain exposure across the business and have heavy interaction with the investors.
The organisation received significant funding around 18 months ago and has expanded its services to become a leader in Europe as well as across the UK. This role is based in Nottingham however travel to other European sites will be required. The GFC will take control of the financial accounting, tax, treasury and audit functions of the business. Some of their key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the year-end process in compliance with statutory regulations
- Key person responsible for relationships with insurers, auditors and banks
- Financial reporting to external bodies including the Private Equity investors
- Responsible for the financial accounting, tax and treasury functions across multiple legal entities
- Management of a team of Qualified and Part-Qualified Accountants
- Support the CFO on all M&A activity
The ideal candidate for the role will be an ACA Qualified Accountant with experience in a Big 4 Accountancy Practice. You must have had exposure across audit, tax and treasury and be comfortable moving into an autonomous Group Financial Controller role for a rapidly growing organisation.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.