Do you enjoy making things?
Imagine glancing over at a billboard whilst being stuck in traffic and seeing your work advertised on there, or walking in a supermarket and thinking, 'ah…I made that, it looks pretty good'. A great story to tell the kids!
We want someone creative who wants to be involved in actually making the product. Your ideas, your creativity will be on show to all and you'll be partnering with widely recognised brands across the UK.
If that alone doesn't appeal to you, can you see yourself as FD for a cash rich business in the coming 3-5 years? This is what we are looking for - but the making things is the important part. This has to excite you.
You're a people person, not afraid to get your hands dirty and your into the nitty gritty.
This really is a unique opportunity to carve out the rest of your successful career and work with two fantastic mentors. You will work quite closely with the Chief Executive and current FC. The role is required to business wins and Company growth.
What your day will look like:
- Production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts, reconciliations and supporting analysis, budgets, forecasts and variance analysis
- Develop systems and process to ensure KPI's and operational reporting aligns with financial records - working business-wide to support site leadership teams and the Directors
- Ensure accounting processes are fit for purpose, operate efficiently with suitable controls and record keeping, ensuring all accounting records are accurate and maintained correctly within agreed standards
- Ensure financial and legal compliance across the business and develop systems and processes that support the business and Group's growth ambitions
- Support the Financial Controller prepare for and deliver statutory audits, HMRC inspections and other external audits
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and development across all aspects of the Group's accounting and management information activities
- Support the development and implementation of KPI's, performance standards and reporting to support both internal and external stakeholders. Drive a culture of performance measurement and standardization across all operational sites
- Develop a collaborative culture across all business units / sites / departments; ensuring best practice and knowledge is shared
- Manage and develop the finance and accounting team
What we are looking for:
- Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of financial reporting in high volume, multi-site, rapid changeover manufacturing (food / FMCG)
- Experience implementing accounting, management information and financial systems and process improvement
- Management of a small finance team
- Project management including business change, process improvement and technology implementation