Woodrow Mercer are currently recruiting for a Global Mobility Specialist to join an international financial institute based in Birmingham.
The Global Mobility Specialist is responsible for implementing and managing a portfolio of international relocations, touching our clients' UK and Continental Europe and Middle East regions, advising HR Business Advisors, employees and business line representatives. The team lead in turn is responsible for managing all the relocations and expats within the region and the associated tasks that come with this.
The key responsibilities for the position will include:
- Provide high quality consulting services and advice to internal clients on assignment costings, compensation packages and tax treatment of deferred compensation vesting during an assignment, assignment policies, practices and relocation matters.
- Partnering with HR Generalists to determine the appropriate assignment package - preparing cost estimates, managing the approval process, including any exceptions, partnering with HRI's external service providers for the case.
- Work with other GMS counterparts and HRI Transaction Management team colleagues in order to implement the relocation.
- Explaining to relocating employees their assignment package - relocation, ongoing expat benefits and the implementation
- Counselling the relocating employees on the commuter tax withholding requirements and processes.
- Ensuring that the HRI aspects of offboarding and onboarding are implemented e.g. payroll transfer and GPM transfer.
- Post relocation, day to day case management of the existing expatriate population including dealing with ad hoc queries or escalations typically from the employee, line manager or HR Generalist (e.g. tax, immigration, housing, medical insurance, other expat benefits)
To be considered you will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Significant experience in global expatriate assignment management
- Knowledge of HRI tasks and concepts, especially the range of 'typical' expatriate benefits
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of tax and social security laws relating to international relocations.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of UK immigration regulations relating to international relocations.
- Knowledge of full range of Reward product areas (Compensation, Benefits & Employee Mobility)
- Good working knowledge of employment law as pertains to relocating employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Excel, PowerPoint & Word, ideally Visio.
- Wider knowledge of related Reward product areas i.e. Compensation, inc deferred compensation and Benefits.
- Effective communication skills across business lines, geographies and seniority levels.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills - ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
- Able to establish and maintain effective client relationships; in particular with respect to senior expatriates, business heads and HR Generalists
- Good attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Have a customer service attitude.
- Effective conflict management skills
- Performance orientated
- Able to work in a virtual team
- Requirement to drive for excellent customer service, a spirit of continuous improvement; and openness to innovation and change.
- High levels of Integrity, Trust & Fairness
- Open to innovation and change
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a globally recognised brand, and carries the option of a permanent hire at VP level following the 6 month engagement. To apply please contact Sam Dyde at Woodrow Mercer's Birmingham office.