Woodrow Mercer Finance is currently working with a Private Equity backed organisation to recruit a new Financial Controller. Reporting into the UK Finance Director, this role will manage a team of 10 people including two experienced accountants and a transactional finance team.
This role is a leadership position which will have interaction across the board including with the investors, as well as being a hands-on finance position which will see you have the accountability of the performance of the finance team.
- Manage and develop a team of 10 finance staff
- Responsible for review and commentary on management accounts
- Prepare cash flow forecasts
- Short, Medium and Long-term budgeting
- Presentation of financial information to the board and investors
- Lead the annual audit process
The right person for this role will be a highly experienced controller who is comfortable with all areas of management and financial accounting. It is likely they will have had several years experience in industry in a management position. The organisation is going through a period of positive change, with international expansion, system upgrades and a high degree of change and transformation. The ideal candidate will thrive in this environment and will have a mindset of improving process and controls continually.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience managing a large finance team
- Comfortable presenting to board level
- Can act as a business partner to non-finance professionals
- Logistics / Distribution experience (desirable)
Senior Finance Managers, Financial Controllers, Heads of Finance and Finance Directors who can demonstrate the above experience, and want to join an organisation where they can work closely with senior management to grow an already successful business, are encouraged to apply,