Woodrow Mercer are currently working with a private-equity backed logistics business in the East Midlands, South Derbyshire area, to recruit a Financial Controller on a permanent, full-time basis.
We are looking for a qualified Financial Controller to focus on delivering efficient, controlled finance and admin services to the business in a positive change environment. The ideal candidate will be proactive, be confident to challenge the status quo and will support the ongoing development of the finance system. This is a hands-on role, reporting in to the Finance Director and managing a team of qualified and transactional finance professionals. The office is easily commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Provide financial governance and support as a business partner
- Ensure the accuracy and robustness of data integrity within the finance system and reporting
- Identify and manage financial and commercial risk
- Management of cashflow and accurate cashflow forecasting
- Ensure an accurate fixed asset register is maintained for all asset classes and funding methods in line with the business operation
- Support the production of the weekly and period management reporting packs for actuals, budgets and forecasts
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Relevant financial qualification (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent, with suitable post qualification experience in a senior controlling finance role
- Excellent knowledge of accounting processes and terminology
- People management experience and excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of VAT, Accounting standards (FRS 102)
- Confident, with an enthusiastic personality and a right first-time approach
- Proactive and practical attitude to continuous improvement within the back-office environment
- Mentoring approach to staff management and development
The business can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
- Flexible benefits scheme such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work, discounts at retailers, etc.
If you're interested, or know someone who would be, please apply or email me with a copy of your most up to date CV, your current availability and salary expectations.
You may also be interested in this vacancy if you are looking at Head of Finance, Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner or Finance Director roles.