Woodrow Mercer is currently working with an SME manufacturer in Lincolnshire to source their next Financial Controller. The organisation is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to manage a small transactional team and free up the Finance Director to step away from day-to-day finance responsibilities.
This role is a leadership position which will have interaction across the board including the owners of the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the finance team and should be comfortable in a broad finance role.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including analysis, commentary and insight
- Presentation of financial reports to the senior leadership team and owners
- Responsibility for purchase / sales ledger
- Oversight of the payroll of all members of staff
- Cash flow forecasting
- Statutory reporting alongside external advisors
The right person for this role will be highly experienced in manufacturing organisations and will be as comfortable on a shop-floor as they are in a board room. It is essential that they are a Qualified Accountant and have the ability to generate insightful financial reports for the management team while ensuring debt is chased, staff/suppliers are paid and the business keeps costs to a minimum.
Financial Controllers who can demonstrate the above experience and want to join an organisation where they can add real value are encouraged to apply.