Are you a geek at heart?
If you secretly enjoy the technical side of accounting but still identify with being a strong people-person, this role could offer you the perfect balance.
With a turn-over of around £17 million this company continues to grow and grow and you will be part of a real success story!
A technical, traditional accounting role you will ideally be ACCA or ACA qualified and be ready to get stuck into your next challenge. You will be reporting directly into the Financial Controller and will have 2 direct reports.
What your main duties will be:
- Support and development of Assistant Accountant and Payroll staff with ultimate responsibility for their duties and close liaison with Accounts Payable, the total Finance department and in fact the wider business.
- Control and accounting for the company's balance sheet including:
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Maintenance of lease schedules
- Control of accruals and prepayments
- Control of payroll deductions and payment of the same
- Management of weekly site and consolidated cash flow forecasting, related liaison with FC & CFO and ability to take decisions based upon this
- Daily upkeep of HSBC Invoice Finance accounts
- Monthend journals
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Monthly Intrastat submissions
- Management of national statistics
- Cover for payroll
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- To provide support to less experienced team members
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all areas of the business