Do you want to be part of something exciting?
Do want to join a fast-paced entrepreneurial business based in Huddersfield. With three acquisitions completed in the last three years and more underway, this business shows no signs of slowing down.
If you're itching for a commercial environment with lots of change on the horizon, this could be the ideal home for you.
I'm looking for a strong Finance Manager/Financial Controller to support the Group FC and line manage the Management Accountant, Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger Supervisors. You will also be identifying areas for process improvement and making suggestions to streamline processes.
Whether you've got corporate experience or from an entrepreneurial SME environment, this company is keen to have experienced managers like you to help with their transformation.
**More about the Role **
- Responsible for the day-to-day line management of the Management Accountant, Sales Ledger Supervisor and Purchase Ledger Supervisor
- Day to day support of the wider finance team
- Review the Management accounts each month and have good knowledge of their completion, to be able to deputise for the Management Accountant in their absence
- Work alongside the Group FC to continually develop reporting for both the finance team and the wider business.
- Assist the Group FC with Treasury Management
- Monitor daily cash flow and three-monthly forecast
- Cross Functionality with the Finance Business Partner on commercial accounting matters
- Work with the Group FC and Management Accountant to improve systems and processes within the finance department to ensure the department is running in the most efficient and effective way
- Oversee the completion of the board commentary, analysis and KPI packs.
- Lead the annual audit process
- Ideally, educated to degree level in a relevant subject area
- Newly qualified or finalist in ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent experience - Ideally, experience within a retail or ecommerce (online) environment or previous experience working within a fast-paced, high volume environment, demonstrating adaptability
- Commercial acumen with the ability to influence at all levels
- Committed, determined and self-motivated
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills; a real people person
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a pressurised and rapidly changing environment
- Can demonstrate personal delivery of continuous process improvements in previous roles
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Option to buy 5 additional days holiday so you can really get that work life balance
- Staff discount scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Flexibility within your employment