Woodrow Mercer is currently working with a large retail business in Derbyshire to recruit a Finance Manager to look after their most successful division.
The business is a household name that has a diverse product offering, giving it's employers exposure to a variety of different areas, the finance team is large but still close-knit so you will feel the value you are adding to the £1bn t/o + organisation. Being in the middle of a large-scale transformation programme you shouldn't expect to walk into systems and processes that are complete, there is a large element of positive change and therefore you should be expecting to roll your sleeves up during this period of transition.
The opportunity is to step into a role due to an internal promotion, you will manage the accounting team of a key division of the organisation. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a 3 person team of analysts / accountants
- Hands on monthly accounting / reporting
- Work closely with Finance Business Partners, and Divisional Heads
- Completion and review of Balance Sheet Reconcilliations
- Budgeting and Forecasting
The Ideal Person
The right person for this role will be a strong all-round accounting professional. You will still be close enough to the day-to-day that you can complete a full-set of management accounts, but should be in a position where you have been managing a team. It is essential you are a Qualified Accountant (or show exceptional experience), and have worked in a large organisation with multiple stakeholders. Some of your key attributes will include:
- Technical accounting skills including accounts preparation, balance sheet recs, and detailed analysis
- Strong user of ERP systems and Excel
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels in an organisation
- Exceptional manager and team-player
What's on Offer?
The right person for this role will be offered a competitive salary in line with their experience, along with a strong benefits package. The organisation is one that places a lot of value on it's employees and regular internal promotions can be seen across the team.