Woodrow Mercer is currently working with a Private Equity House to source a Finance Director / Chief Financial Officer for a large multi-site organisation with a HQ in the East Midlands. Following a divestment from a larger corporate this will be the first standalone Finance Director following the PE investment.
The Finance Director will be an executive member of the leadership team and will be expected to manage all financial and accounting matters related to the business, as well as participating in wider strategic decisions in driving the business forward. With four direct reports, and an indirect team of 15, there is expected to be a high degree of transformation in the way the finance team works during its transition into new ownership.
Some of the key responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Key point of contact across the business for the investors
- Business partner and "right hand" of the CEO
- Management of the finance / accounting department
- Delivery of monthly / quarterly / annual financial statements to aid in the running of the business
- Statutory reporting in a timely and compliant manor
- Lead on all M&A activity
- Develop a long-term strategic plan with the CEO
- Build and maintain relationships with external parties such as investors, banks and auditors
- Cash flow budgeting and forecasting
The role requires someone who has proven themselves in an autonomous "Number 1" finance position previously, it is also highly likely the successful candidate will come to the role with prior experience in a Private Equity environment. The key attributes that will be required of the Finance Director are:
- Technically superb accounting skills ideally from a Big 4 background
- Strategically minded with proven board level experience
- People focused with the ability to guide a team through a period of change
- Entrepreneurial mindset- comfortable challenging the status quo
As well as possessing those key attributes, it is also asked that that the successful candidate has been involved in:
- Leading an ERP Implementation
- Full acquisition process including sourcing, due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- A large-scale transformation programme
- Leading a multi-site team
If you believe that you meet the requirements, please express your interest now by forwarding a CV. Please note, it is essential the successful applicant is available to start the position within 6 months.