Job role: White goods engineer
Basic salary: £25,000 – £30,000
We are currently recruiting for White Goods / Domestic Appliance Engineers within the Reading and surrounding area for a well-established multi-brand company within the industry.
The role: You will be responsible for attending calls in customers’ homes, diagnosing faults and carrying out repairs on manufacturer appliances, aiming for a high first-time fix rate.
- £25,000 to £30,000 per annum DOE
- 37.5 per week Monday to Friday with the option of overtime on Saturdays.
Key skills and experience required
- 5 years as a White Goods Appliance Engineer
- Full clean driving license
- Knowledge and awareness of Domestic Appliance servicing
- Experience in White Goods electrical fault finding, testing and repair
- Technical installation and repair skills
- Previous history in a customer facing role
Additional benefits include:
- Holiday allowance
- Weekly pay
- Staff events
- Welcome kit
- Health care for you, your spouse and children
- Company van with tools
- Mobile phone
- Uniform and PPE
This organization will require previous or existing experience within the Domestic Appliance industry.
- Service and repair of domestic appliance equipment e.g. washers, dryers, cookers, fridge freezers, would be essential
- Manufacturer training and/or experience on the likes of Beko, Electrolux, Bosch, Whirlpool, LG, Miele, Hoover Candy, Glen Dimplex, Hotpoint or Indesit are of interest
- Refrigeration knowledge, whether it be 1st or 2nd line refrigeration / gas skills including FGAS or City and Guilds Refrigeration are desired but not essential
- Valid domestic gas qualifications, i.e. CKR1 / CKN1 / CCN1 / experience would act as a strong advantage to your job application
- Full UK driving license
Woodrow Mercer Engineering are specialist within the industry, if you're interested in developing a career with a fast growth organization within the kitchen appliance industry, then apply now for immediate consideration, alternatively call Libby Hoban for a confidential chat 0121265445.