Speciality Doctor CAMHS / Associate Specialist
Areas: Child and adolescent eating disorders
Salary package: Negotiable depending on you experience and requirements
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Client: Rhodes Wood Hospital
Elysium Healthcare are looking for a passionate and experienced Doctor to join their Rhodes Wood Hospital site. This hospital specialises in treating children and young people aged between 8 and 18 years old who suffer from eating disorders. With a new hospital director appointed, Rhodes Wood are going through a transformation and need the right people on board to be part of this journey in delivering the highest quality of care to vulnerable children and young people.
A snapshot of what you will be doing:
- Providing comprehensive medical support across an eating disorder service under the direction of the responsible clinician
- Daily clinical assessment and monitoring of all young people
- Risk management and assessment
- Taking a specific focus on physical health, food and fluids and risk management across the ward working closely with the ward manager, consultant and wider MDT.
- Physical health assessment
- Documentation preparing for CPA’s, tribunals and ward rounds
- Working alongside Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Medical response duty
- On-call 1/5 to provide support for the hospital supporting a consultant on-call
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of the Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
What we have to offer you:
Competitive salary package + benefits
You will be joining a warm and supportive team. Every employee at Elysium Healthcare is valued and heard. We think you should enjoy coming to work every day which is why we strive to create a positive and happy working environment.
What need from you:
- Full GMC registration
- AC approved (if associate specialist)
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within similar environment
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
- A minimum of 4 years in the registrar or staff grade and/or specialty doctor grade and/or in the clinical and/or senior clinical medical officer grades, at least 2 of which working within Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Ideally have a driving licence and your own vehicle. Rhodes Wood Hospital is located in the beautiful Hatfield countryside which unfortunately isn’t too easily accessible by public transport!
If you would like to further discuss this opportunity, please contact:
Amy Spilsbury – Candidate Consultant
07415 968 178