Development manager C++ required for global fintech company. Development manager will be taking on a new role in regard to a massive project to onboard new financial data.
Overseeing third party vendor resource within this role. Overseeing a combination of BA's and architects, gather requirements, hands on implementation, C++ project. As development manager you will be dipping into a couple of large projects for advisory, hands on working but not to write code but reviewing and assisting with troubleshooting.
- Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products.
- Executes on Global technology initiatives/strategies and guide successful implementation/adoption
- Primary area of influence is within own team, including Vendor resources, and influence on other product delivery lifecycle teams.
- Works with third parties to ensure delivery of outsourced work, resolves application issues, and understand product direction in order to support and implement where appropriate.
- Evaluates and makes decisions on engagement of strategic suppliers on regional projects.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day activities of their team including supporting career development of team (objective setting, performance management, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc.
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems and effectively drive resolution.
- Articulates technical and non-technical information effectively to multiple audiences and levels. Demonstrates active listening.
- Working knowledge of financial Industry (not essential)
- Hands on vs Management ratio is 60:40.; so this is a hands on developer & management role.
- Extensive development experience in C++ and a solid understanding of networks and networking protocols a must.
Excellent opportunity for growth and development and an attractive salary and benefits on offer