My client, based in prime location, city centre Birmingham is looking for a talented developer experienced in both C# and VB.NET. This client will be fully moving to C# in the next 12 to 18 months so a great opportunity for someone that wants to keep updating their skillset.
The role will initially be focussed on supporting legacy systems and data migration, with a view to transitioning to support on the newly developed cloud-based platform as all legacy systems are phased out.
The role would suit a developer who is keen to utilise skills in legacy technology while gaining exposure to leading edge web technology.
Experience required and responsibilities:
- Understand complex code logic and deliver effective solutions
- Be proactive and inquisitive, with a clear aptitude for problem solving
- Articulate technical issues clearly to individuals with various levels of technical understanding
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Developing and maintaining WinForms based legacy system (VB.NET and SQL Server)
- Able to troubleshoot queries with the Data Migration software. (SQL Server, Entity Framework and C#.NET)
- Providing technical guidance to the support team to distinguish software issues from data issues
- Contributing to documentation, procedures and technical stories through the company Wiki page
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming principles
This role is urgent so please apply ASAP should you be interested.