Reporting to the Financial Controller, this Credit Controller opportunity will effectively manage the credit ledgers of the client's customers in accordance with Company procedures and ensuring all financial risks to the business are proactively managed and controlled.
With a salary of £21,000 - £25,000 and many more benefits this is a great opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business.
What a typical day will look like:
- Deal with the day to day cash posting from various banks - cheques/cash in various currencies (EUR/USD/GBP) - in accordance with Company procedures and deadlines.
- Liaise with customers directly to collect outstanding monies in accordance with Company procedures and resolve any queries arising.
- Manage the aged debtors by ensuring that the 90 days column remains below an agreed level.
- Liaise with internal sales and service departments to resolve queries and avoid any delays in receipt and recovery of payments owing.
- Release new sales orders and RMAs once accounts are in order and not overdue or over the agreed credit limit.
- Set up new customers in AX in accordance with Company procedures.
- Deal with online Credit card and PayPal payments from customers in accordance with Company procedures and record them in the accounting system.
- Review and check customer credit limits as required, in compliance with Company guidelines, to continue smooth order processing.
- Send out reminders to customers and follow up by phone to proactively manage outstanding debt.
- Maintain a pro-active focus on risk management at all times during communications with customers - including credit account, credit card or Paypal accounts - and ensure that any potential fraud or default risks are carefully considered before orders are processed.
- Create '7 days before court action' letters via Higgins Solicitors.
- Review overdue customers monthly and register with Euler Hermes.
- Create direct debits as required - for UK, French & German customers - to assist in ensuring the timely payment of invoices.
- Carry out reconciliation of customer accounts and resolve any associated queries.
- Act as signatory on banks - sign off payments as secondary signature.
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by Accounts colleagues to support timely completion of the team workload.
- Undertake any training required to increase knowledge across the Accounts function and capability to carry out any other duties within the team.
Is this you?
- Strong all round IT skills including Word / Excel to intermediate level and Outlook.
- Good communicator, with a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to influence customer decisions.
- Credit Control experience of at least 3 years.
- Good organisational, numeracy and analytical skills, with the ability to make balanced evaluations of business and commercial risk before making credit decisions.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX software.
- Additional language skills such as French or German will be a distinct advantage.
Please contact me on or give me a call on 0113 457 9994 if you're interested in hearing more.
If you don't have an up to date CV, don't worry, just send me what you have and we'll go from there.