This business is a very successful manufdactuirng business with over 60 years experience their field. The company prides itself on customer service and quality, and this is reflected in their products, services and staff. The company have been through some significant growth over the last 5 years, and they are now looking to bring in an ambitious and driven Commercial Finance Manager, to join their finance team at the South Leeds based Head Offices.
The role is standalone and will report directly to the CFO overseeing one direct report. The role would be ideally suited to a highly ambitious CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified Senior Management Accountant or Finance Manager, looking to move into a forward thinking, growing and fast paced retail business.
The key areas of the role will include
- Preparation, analysis, challenge and interpretation of financial and commercial information
- Timely and accurate monthly management accounts preparation, working in partnership with the Financial Controller and wider Finance team, with work particularly focused on sales and margin elements of performance
- Preparation of performance measures
- Analysing and managing product costs and margin information
- Supporting in the creation of a variety of daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports and performance measures
- Inputting to the annual external audit process to ensure that stakeholder reporting deadlines and statutory filing deadlines are met
- Supporting the group in meeting statutory reporting obligations
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Working alongside the Stock Management team, providing analysis, interpretation and advice
- Management and development of the Management Accounts team; and maintaining a close working partnership with, and supporting in the development of, the wider Finance team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified, with a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience - Essential
- Have previous experience manufacturing - Desirable
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with non finance staff/enjoy business partnering - Essential
- Have an advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
The business can offer:
- A varied and well rounded Finance Manager role with direct reporting line to the CFO
- On site parking
- Plush offices
- Clear progression plan to FC level