Are you looking for your next challenge?
Are you sat behind a desk day in day out watching the time go by?
If you are all about going out to the wider business and you thrive on helping a company grow then this could be ideal for you!
You will be reporting directly into the Commercial Finance Manager and your main goal will be to help grow the business, you will be looking at the "bigger picture" and working very closely with the Sales teams and other departments.
This company has recently been through a period of change and they have hired a whole new finance team. They are wanting to develop their commercial finance team to ensure they offering the best support to the rest of the business. The primary aim of this role is to support non-financial departments of the business - you will need to be a successful individual and able to develop a detailed understanding of all areas of the business.
What your main duties will be:
- Preparing commercial bids ensuring that any potential deals are accurately costs, competitive and are the right decision for the business.
- Working closely with the sales function to provide commercial analysis to support decision making.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to determine pricing strategies.
- Identifying areas of commercial and business risk within commercial bids and working to resolve or mitigate these.
- Delivering insightful MI reports to the Management team and Directors from across the business unit
- Work to ensure the finance team are in contact with, and always looking to support, the operational teams across the business in new and innovative ways.
- Provide key management information to the operational functions in the business as well as being a key link between the finance department and the business. The role works hand in hand with the people across the business so it's important for the candidate to display extensive experience of cross-functional working.
- The opportunity to support other members of the commercial team with ongoing financial forecasting, Board Reporting and management of company's overall financial position.
- Preparation of monthly commission statements for the Sales team
You will ideally need to be Qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) and have commercial awareness and ability to see the bigger picture!!