Salary up to £90k depending on experience
Working only on the most up-to-date tech
A fantastic learning environment with excellent personal and technical development opportunities
Opportunity to work from home a few days a week
12% pension scheme
The successful candidate will combine deep technical knowledge with business acumen and work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that you achieve the full business benefits of the move to the Public Cloud. The position requires a strong background architecting and developing applications in a Public Cloud that adopt cloud-native design principles.
In addition to extensive software development expertise, the candidate must have extensive knowledge of architecting solutions across the full stack.
Major Areas of Accountability
Leadership & Communication (30%)
- Effectively lead a team of Cloud Architect building cloud services.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the business to set standards and best practices.
- Understand the importance of communicating risk assessments.
- Ability to contribute to, influence, or direct a variety of projects concurrently.
- Provide technical governance of projects to ensure adherence to standards.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to mentor Architects and engineering staff.
- Ability to make formal and informal technical presentations.
- Ability to lead and take command of meetings.
- Experienced in working with vendors.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud-native architecture and engineering best practices
- Extensive software development experience utilizing Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Extensive experience working with AWS and/or Azure
- Understanding of security best practices for the cloud
- Knowledge of a wide array of Infrastructure and Platform technologies including distributed data stores, container management, and serverless architectures.
- Infrastructure automation
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive software development experience with substantial cloud experience
- Experience building software following cloud native architecture methodologies
- Building cloud native applications and services utilizing ephemeral hardware running in public cloud such as AWS, Azure or similar
- Understanding of 3rd party software and experience in evaluating their architectures
- Understanding of the Software Development process
- Ability to set scope and deliver quality results
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication styles
- Experience reviewing, designing, and implementing solutions for large enterprise systems
- Experience working with business stakeholders and project managers
- Proven ability to oversee multiple technical projects and provide technical guidance
Should you be interested in the opportunity please apply below or contact Matt Cardy on 0121 265 4445.