Do you want to be a part of something from the beginning?
Woodrow Mercer have just opened a brand new office in Manchester and we are looking for a Candidate Consultant to help us get the ball rolling. But, it's not like it's a massive risk as we have 5 other offices which have started in the exact same way.
Just to give you a bit more of an insight on what Woodrow Mercer are about:
Together we are a team of experienced financial recruiters working with qualified Finance Directors. We offer financial advisory services and the recruitment of finance staff from Ledger Clerks to Finance Directors and we do this for our client base of businesses going through some kind of change. We pride ourselves on our pragmatic advice drawn from our broad experience and the fact that we don't take ourselves too seriously. We think there are more people in the recruitment industry like us; high performers who struggle with the worst parts of a sales culture, whether you currently work in a supporting or recruitment-based role. If you do your job well but would rather do it without being micro-managed, we may have something for you…
Our Candidate Consultant Role:
For our Candidate Consultant position we're looking for someone who has confidence, tact and professionalism when speaking to people on the phone and we can offer you a varied consultant role in a fun and trusting environment in return.
Here's what a typical day will look like:
- Daily resourcing of candidates for consultants via LinkedIn/job boards
- Data management of client and candidate on database
- Weekly monitoring of mailshot/marketing responses
- Actively calling candidates
- Assist in the organising and setting up of events, setting up the LinkedIn groups and inviting/contacting relevant contacts, marketing and coordinating.
- Assisting on general marketing - LinkedIn articles/social media
- Running daily LinkedIn candidate searches and approaching relevant candidates
- Aftercare client calls - calling all clients after placement to check on progress
- Customer Service Calls - taking feedback on individual consultant performance
- Aftercare candidate calls
- Sending out congratulations cards and follow ups to all placed candidates
Is this you?
- Ideally you will have experience in a similar role supporting a sales team or running the day to day aspects of a busy office. Exposure to the recruitment industry is a huge bonus but not essential. Some sales experience (either directly or supporting a sales team) is important however.
- You will feel at home taking regular calls, building rapport with new candidates and clients who get in touch. You'll also enjoy bringing order to a very busy office in putting some structure around our daily and weekly processes (we're not chaotic but could do with some help).
- Depending on where you are in your own working life and what you want to get out of it in the future, we will have development opportunities for you if you are interested. If you're not that's fine with us too.
- The role would be a great fit for an outgoing, eager people person with strong organisational skills looking to gain some experience, learn and progress.
- It would also suit someone already experienced in what we need but looking for the freedom to go about their work in a trusting environment.
What we can give you in return:
- To be a part of a fast-growing organisation (great soundbite for the CV), work alongside experienced Finance Directors & gain an insight into the world of recruitment.
- Uncapped commission structure, paying up to 40% dependent billings
- Lunch Clubs
- Incentives - say some of the places we've been too
- Summer/Christmas parties
- Personal laptop
Please contact me on or give me a call on 0113 457 9994 if you're interested in hearing more.
If you don't have an up to date CV, don't worry, just send me what you have and we'll go from there.