A very well established, market leading business, with fantastic head offices based in York, are currently recruiting an Assistant Management Accountant to join their small finance team.
Following a recent restructure of the team, this a newly created role, and would be ideally suited to an ambitious, driven and focused Assistant Management Accountant, looking to develop their management experience, alongside their ACCA/CIMA studies.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Assist with the monthly management accounts production
- To be responsible for the monthly bank reconciliations
- Calculating and inputting monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Calculation and posting of monthly journal entries
- Calculating and inputting monthly fixed asset register.
- Accounting for foreign exchange transactions, including the revaluation of currency accounts and purchase ledger accounts.
- Investigating accounting entries on the General Ledger and resolving queries.
- Assisting with the provision of management information
- Assisting with the monthly management accounts commentary
- Production of monthly holiday insurance return
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by the Management Accountant.
The successful candidate will:
- Be AAT Qualified and or be in the early stages of their ACCA/CIMA studies - Essential
- Have previous experience within a broad finance assistant role - Essential
- Have previous knowledge of Sage 200 - Desirable
- Have previous experience of assisting with management accounts preparation - Desirable
The business can offer:
- Training and development in management accounts
- Full study support for ACCA/CIMA
- Fantastic career progression opportunity
- On site parking