This brand new role has just arisen, with a fast growing, forward thinking business services company based in Leeds City Centre. The role is an Assistant Management Accountant, working in a growing team of 5-6, and reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
This position would be ideal for someone who is AAT Qualified, and us in the early stages of, or is part qualified ACCA/CIMA, looking for a role that will offer them exposure of management accounts. This is a business that is growing, and therefore there will be a lot of progression opportunity.
Key duties of this role will include:
- To prepare/review monthly management accounts within the reporting deadline.
- Manage requests and ad hoc reporting
- To complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- To provide commercial guidance and support to the Budget holders across the business.
- Monthly variance analysis and reporting.
- To complete debtors reviews and reporting.
- To assist with Annual Statutory Audits.
- Cashflow monitoring and control.
- To understand commercial and performance aspects of the contracts.
- To review and implement process improvements for the finance function
The successful candidate will:
- Be AAT Level 4 or actively studying ACCA or CIMA with a minimum of 2 years experience of assisting with management accounts preparation - Essential
- Have experience of working within all areas of the finance function - Essential
- Have a good knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to build good client relationships - Essential
The business can offer
- Close to the train station - City Centre Location
- Plush offices
- Full study support for ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Continuous training and development in finance
- Fantastic career progression opportunity