This is a 9 month contract Assistant Management Accountant opportunity for a well known business services company based in Leeds. The business have fantastic offices based on the outskirts of Leeds City Centre, and this role has arisen due to some changes and expansion within the finance function.
The role will initially be a 9 month contract, but there may be an opportunity for it to me made permanent at a later date. The role is an ideal opportunity for someone in the early stages of an assistant management accounts role, looking to take the next step up and boost their experience.
The role will report directly to, and support, the Senior Management Accountant.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Assist in the preparation of accurate financial statements, including monthly cost centre reports, balance sheets and variance analysis to budget, prior year & latest estimates, working to tight deadlines.
- Preparing, developing & sending various reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Cost of sales reconciliations including calculation of accruals & prepayments.
- Responding to queries from senior managers within the business.
- Adhoc Individual & team projects to support the development of the business
The successful candidate will:
- Be either part qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) accountant, or qualified by experience - Essential
- Have at least 2 years in a similar role - Essential
- Have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - Essential
The company can offer:
- Role will report directly to the Senior Management Accountant
- Immediate start
- On site parking