This is a 9 month contract Assistant Management Accountant opportunity for a well known business services company based in Leeds. The business have fantastic offices based on the outskirts of Leeds City Centre, and this role has arisen due to some changes and expansion within the finance function.
The role will initially be a 9 month contract, but there may be an opportunity for it to me made permanent at a later date. The role is an ideal opportunity for someone in the early stages of an assistant management accounts role, looking to take the next step up and boost their experience.
The role will report directly to, and support, the Senior Management Accountant.
The key duties of this role will include:
- The production of weekly/monthly management reports within the finance function
- To assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and supporting data including cost of sales reconciliations
- To provide monthly variance analysis on various areas within the business
- Maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations including accruals & prepayment control accounts
- To liaise with the other finance departments with regards to providing correct information at source
- Respond to queries from senior managers within the business
- Ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are maintained
- Adhoc individual & team projects to support the development of the business
The successful candidate will:
- Be either part qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) accountant, or qualified by experience - Essential
- Have at least 2 years in a similar role - Essential
- Have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - Essential
The company can offer:
- Role will report directly to the Senior Management Accountant
- Immediate start
- On site parking