Job Title: Assistant Financial Reporting Accountant
Job description: We are recruiting for an Assistant Financial Reporting Accountant to join a reputable company in Burton upon Trent on a permanent basis.
The role will be to assist with leading, managing and controlling the production of robust and reliable management and statutory accounts and ensure that they remain relevant in a changing business environment.
Your main duties consist of the following:
- Advise and influence on financial controls, process improvements and good practice, to maintain the integrity of the reporting cycle and improve the quality, value and efficiency of output in keeping with Finance's strong Risk and Control framework
- Co-ordinate, analyse and control the production of accurate management and statutory accounts in accordance with SLAs, to meet regulatory and corporate governance requirements
- Anticipate, plan and prepare for regulatory and business developments to ensure controls remain effective and the relevance of procedures and the continuity of the reporting cycle is maintained
- Build and maintain effective relationships with regulatory bodies, auditors and all levels of internal business stakeholders, to ensure the effective delivery of objectives
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Studying towards professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Strong Management and Financial accounting experience
- Strong system skills including intermediate Excel (VLOOKUPS and pivot tables)
To apply for this role please contact Tomas Bailey on the Midlands Finance Team on 0121 265 4445 or email