My client is a well known, large manufacturing business based in Huddersfield. The company have over 200 staff across multiple sites in the UK, with fantastic head offices based in Huddersfield.
This business has experienced huge growth over the last 4 years, and as a consequence have acquired new divisions and sites, as well as doubling their headcount across all functions of the group.
Due to this growth, they are now recruiting for a brand new Assistant Financial Controller to join their finance team and work directly alongside the FC and oversee a small management accounts team.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Reports directly to the Financial Controller, and ultimately the Finance Director
- Responsible for the day-to-day line management of the Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant and associated team.
- Responsible for the day to day support for the wider finance team, including the purchase and sales ledger.
- Work alongside the Financial Controller to continually develop reporting for both the finance team and the wider business.
- Work cross functionality with the senior finance team on commercial accounting matters
- Work with the FC and Management Accountant to improve systems and processes within the finance department to ensure the department is running in the most efficient and effective way.
- Ensure the FC is fully briefed at all times on the requirements of the team and any issues arising.
- Provide board commentary, analysis and KPI packs as required.
- Monitor cashflow
- Treasury Management
- Involvement in company insurance requirements, claims etc
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Undertake 1-2-1 meetings , appraisals and other staff meetings with Finance staff
The successful candidate will:
- Be CIMA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience - Essential
- Have previous experience working directly alongside the FC or FD - Essential
- Be commercially focused and business minded - Essential
- Have strong analytical and IT skills - Essential
The business can offer:
- On site parking
- Helathcare cash plan
- Excellent benefits package
- Company pension scheme
- Increasing holiday year on year